Celebrating 93 years of ministry
History of CPA in Carman
A series of tent meetings conducted by evangelist A.J. Lankin in the Graysville and Stephenfield area in early 1924 was the beginning of Carman Pentecostal Assembly. In the fall of 1924, meetings were held between the homes of Joe McLean and James Robertson in Stephenfield. In 1925 the congregation moved their services to the ‘Sons of England’ hall in Carman.
In 1926 the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada established an official congregation in Carman and purchased the former Baptist church; located at the corner of 2nd Street SW and 3rd Avenue SW.
In 1948 the church underwent major renovations. Then in 1998 construction began on a 2,020 square foot two level addition. The last worship service held in this building was on December 15, 1996. This church still stands and is now occupied as a family home.
August 1996 saw the beginning of construction on the current church building located on Highway 3 just east of Carman.
The first worship service in the new building was held on December 22, 1996.
In June 2016 construction began on the north side of CPA to add a 4,536 square foot addition. This new addition called ‘the Ministry Centre’ houses a large youth room, an office, a large meeting room (that can be divided into two smaller rooms), a storage room and two mechanical rooms.